Thursday, December 3, 2009

TEXAS!!!

Oh how I had been looking forward to this moment for a long time! The kids and I went back to Texas on November 7th and stayed till the 21st. We had a great time and we seemed to be consistently busy. I don't have too many pictures- I still have to get them from my sister since she took most of them.
When we were down there we stayed with my parents the whole time and were able to see Brady's parents when they were in town. We were able to eat at our favorite places that they don't have here in Iowa. Rosas, Whataburger, Rio Mambo, and Wingstop just to name a few :) Seriously, if someone opened one of those up here they would bank!
It was nice and warm so we were able to enjoy playing outside and sleeping with the windows open. Cailyn went with Grandma to Albertsons and found a buzzlightyear plate and she said "I cant believe it, I didn't know they made these- oh Bubby will be so proud!" Toy Story is her favorite thing to watch right now if you couldn't tell. Both of the kids enjoyed playing with my parent's dogs as the dogs would try and run away from them. Peyton would go straight at them with his arms out and not stop.
Cailyn enjoyed laying in bed with Grandma and Pops, she would take their food order and pretend to make whatever they wanted. Peyton favorite thing to do was go through Aunt Kelsey's mini dressor in the bathroom- there is no telling what she found in there after we left.
We hung out with Nanny and Pappy too for as long as we could. We went shopping, had Rosas and Wingstop, colored my hair, ate Sunday dinners, and of course- played the piano. Playing the piano is one of Cailyn's favorite thing to do over there and now Peyton really enjoys it.
All in all, it was a great trip and it was nice to be home! Thanks for coming to see us Kristi! Oh and Brady survived- although we had no food when we got home!
We will by home again around December 20th!
Uncle Kyle being silly
ahh the piano :)
Cailyn's Texas baby
Stay away from the plasma Peyton!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is ADORABLE. You have the cutest family. I love the Halloween costumes. Hope all is going well sounds like you had a good time in Texas I bet the nice weather was a nice break from Iowa I heard the weather has been pretty crazy. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete