Saturday, September 12, 2009

My 24th Birthday!

My idea of a birthday celebration is pretty different compared to most 24 year olds, especially since having kids. We went to the zoo, played outside, had dinner and cake together as a family and called it a day. Since my birthday is in late August it seems to always be around a transition period.

When I was in grade school, it was right at the first of the school year when I am meeting new teachers and friends. My first year in college was one of the hardest birthdays because I was away from my family and we had just moved me into the dorms a week before, but I did have a great group of friends for support. One birthday we had just found out we were expecting Cailyn about 2 weeks prior. The following year I was very pregnant with Peyton and he ended up being born exactly a month after my birthday. Now we are in Iowa to celebrate my 24th! Cailyn and I made a cake for the night and she kept saying, "we have cake for my birthday in March?" She was just making sure that we were going to have cake for her birthday too!

Brady brought my home some nice flowers and a sweet card- which is exactly what I needed and wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment