Saturday, September 12, 2009

Zoo Time

On my birthday we went to the zoo with our good friends: Heidi, Kobe, and Lily and another sweet family that we met that day. Well if you know me, you know that I HATE the zoo! When I was a kid my parents for some CRAZY reason put my brother and I in zoo school. Well zoo school is a good idea and all but not in the middle of a TEXAS summer! We had to go walk around the zoo (and the Fort Worth zoo is huge) in the 100+ degree weather for like 2 weeks! When I go to the zoo now there are smells that bring back those horrible memories. Anyway, I only go to the zoo now because the kids really love it- so I make the sacrifice. The Blank Park Zoo is a perfect size- its not too big where it takes hours to walk through, its a perfect 2-3 hour trip. At this trip, Peyton started to point- which was adorable! We were looking at the hugh fish tank and he just started pointing at the fish! At this zoo they had seals and sea lions which aren't at the FW zoo which was really cool. Cailyn's favorite animal at this zoo are the monkeys (and I hate monkeys too!) The animal that she really wanted to see was the hippo (which is Brady's favorite), but they don't have them and she kept saying, "they not have hippos? they not have elephants? this crazy." ha ha- she tells it like it is! We will for sure go back!
Peyton pointing at the fish:

looking at the ducks:

Trust me, this is a huge step for her to do this! She thought it was the coolest thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment